Thursday, February 3, 2011

And, so it begins...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

HAPPY 30 FOR 30!! My 30 days are up on March 4th, which happens to be when I'm going home for Spring Break. This is perfect, because that's right when the weather will change.

I modified Kendi's rules  (that's a link to her rules. I'm talented. whaaaat) a little bit because I'm not that hardcore...but, for the intents and purposes of my personal 30 for 30, the rules are at the bottom of my picks. I counted like 400 times because I was certain I'd mess it up and have 29 or 31...and let me tell you a secret...I had 31 at the end and I didn't know what to do. I took out a black blazer...because...it's kind of annoying. I may regret it later. Oh, snap.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

OK! So, the overview of the 30 for 30 challenge is that I picked out 30 items of clothing and will only wear versions of these items for 30 days. (February 5-March 4)
No shopping is allowed, but I'm going to go ahead and say that I'm going to shop one weekend...because my mom is coming and I don't want to depress her. She lives to sit in dressing rooms and watch me try on clothes for hours, I can NOT deprive her of this. See, I'm just being a good daughter.
Coats don't count for this, but I went a step further and am not counting my rain(snow) boots. It's snowy here, and I don't really enjoy wearing my rubber boots that much...so, they're purely for utility for the next 30 days. I promise I will only wear them when my life is threatened by ice. And, we got about 2 feet in the last 48 hours, so this is highly possible.
Blah, blah, accessories don't count, that's how I get through this.
Blahhhhhhhh blahhhh it seems like it's going to suck monkey butt, but for the most part I'm excited because I spent an hour trying clothes on and I made nice things. (This seemed like it was more productive than studying for my econ test tomorrow. I think I made the right choice.)

Ok, kids. Wish me luck.

PS: Here's today's outfit.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

I wish it was better lighting, as I definitely look like a class act.
I may or may not have walked across campus wearing a blanket wrapped around me AND my backpack, as I fell into snow drifts and my poor nose almost got frostbite.

We didn't have class today, and I fully support LFC's decision to cancel it. It's madness out there. I'm fairly certain I'm going to
a. die
b. slip and hurt something
c. slip
d. freeze
in the next few days.
I'll be optimistic and just predict c. and d....because I know what I'm wearing tomorrow and it involves a skirt and impractical boots for the snow.
So...uh, wish me luck with that. I'll make sure to provide photographic evidence of my insanity.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with 30x30! Have fun with it :)

    ReplyDelete