Thursday, February 3, 2011

Here goes nothing!!


And we're off, folks. The 30 for 30 has COMMENCED. Hold your applause and excitement. Weather.com claims it feels like -3, but I'm all ready to go in my skirt. 
Please don't judge me. 
I was actually very happily surprised to see others prancing around in their tights as well, despite the snow that's engulfed trashcans and benches. 



I don't have class until 1pm today! My English teacher is out of town, so my day starts late, which I'm more than ok with...however, you may notice that it's 10:30, and I'm already dressed and set up in my library camp....
Why, you ask? This answer could go 1 of 2 ways, so I'll tell you both. 
1. I'm very dedicated and didn't want to be sluggish and wake up at noon. 
2. I have an econ test I didn't study for yesterday because Grey's Anatomy, my bed, and chocolate chip cookies were all too enticing. 
Maybe number 2 sounds more reasonable, but believe what you want. 
Whether or not I'm prepared (yet) is not the issue. I do have a test today, and on test days I like to dress well, and do my hair and makeup. 
This is based on my philosophy of 'even if I fail, I was wearing a great outfit', as well as the age-old dress to impress philosophy.....but I don't think my professor will care that I dressed well for his test. He'll probably be more concerned with my production possibilities curve. (see...I DO know what my test is on.) 

I have some bad news, though. 
MY STRAIGHTENER BROKE. 
It won't turn on. Well, it won't stay on. The poor little green light flashes and fades completely off within 2 seconds of its initial plug-in. 
I was extremely depressed, but I didn't have time to grieve. So, I just stole my roommate's straightener...umm. hope she doesn't mind. 

Ahh, and here we are for the list of where I got these things....
BUT FIRST, I'll let you in on the secret of how CREATIVE I am.




I'm wearing a skirt over a dress. HOW NIFTY? I know. Very. 
Dress/shirt: Urban Outfitters
Skirt: American Apparel
Socks: Urban Outfitters
Boots: DSW
Belt: Anthropologie
(all my tights are from Target...so, I'm going to forgo specifying this for the rest of my life. The 2 extra words is pretty killer to have to type.) 

Ok. Have a great day. 
"Stay Warm!" (That seems to be how everyone ends texts and emails here these days. 
Wish me luck on my econ test. I'm not sure my outfit will be enough for me this time.

5 comments:

  1. Wearing a dress with a different skirt is great. Will you also wear it win a different top? I like the design!
    Come check out my 30! Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post
    let me know your thoughts on my new blog entry and follow me at:

    My Couture Diaries
    My Couture Diaries
    My Couture Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. hah! i LOVE this...especially the print of your dress/shirt (whatever). and the belt you chose here is perfection.
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (fellow remixer)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you really did mean "here goes nothing"

    ReplyDelete