Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Greetings!

Well hello, welcome to my silly little blog.
I don't know what it is--maybe my ego, that leads me to believe people will care about what I wear everyday...
but it seems like a fun little project nonetheless.
I'm in my second semester of college, and I spent my first chilling out in my Lake Forest College paraphernalia---yes, all of it. Sweatshirt, t-shirt, sweatpants...and that's what I wore to class. Embarrassing, yes? YES.

I decided to do this after channeling myself as a 6 year old little girl that wouldn't play soccer because I wanted to wear a skirt...NOT those silly shorts. AND, up until fall semester 2010, I wouldn't go in public with sweatpants on...but quickly changed that upon my entry into a dorm.

But let's cut the crap. Dressing better makes me feel better and do better, so here it goes.

I'll post what I wear--even if it's my ratty XXL Lake Forest sweatshirt.
I'm going to do the 30 for 30 a la Kendi, who is a fashion genius and my inspiration for this little thing...but that will start on February 1st. Until then, I'll wear the heart out of my clothes and try and figure out how the hell I'm going to not shop for 30 days, while living an hour away from the beautiful Chicago.

Unfortunately, since I am a college student, I lack a nice camera and a photographer friend that wants to do a photoshoot of me everyday, so my pictures are via photobooth in my dorm. Classy, right? I know. I know.

Here is yesterday's outfit. I'll post today's later, once I muster up the motivation to get out of bed and take a picture. I spilled my latte all over my bed, so my energy is lacking.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This outfit is full of go-to pieces that I choose when I am beyond my normal indecisive-ity.  I had an 8 a.m. yesterday, and was extremely unprepared so after failing at several skirt and shirt combos, I went for the tunic I got from Urban Outfitters on clearance 3 Black Fridays ago, and my favorite blazer from Madewell paired with simple flat camel riding boots (DSW) along with tights (and socks that you can't see, thanks to photobooth's lackluster lighting) from Target.

My hair is a la bed head and there's a little flower clip strategically placed over a spot of nasty bumps I didn't feel like brushing out.

I didn't enclose proof of the ridiculous puffy coat I wore over this. I tried my peacoat, ok? I tried. I was just too cold. The problem may have been solve-able with jeans instead of tights, but I've never been a pants girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment