Monday, January 24, 2011

To-Do.

I was talking to my dad about organization and we both decided we could be obsessive organizers if we had any follow-through.

For instance, at the beginning of a semester, I color-code the crap out of everything. I have sticky notes, folders, binders, a different color pen for different levels of importance in my agenda, and a different combination of colors for each class. I make out hourly schedules, and fill out my iCal like there's no tomorrow.

However, one week in (if I make it that far, even) my sticky notes have un-stuck and accumulate in the bottom of my backpack, my individual folders are empty, and everything is in one big notebook of chaos, if I write in my agenda at all, everything is scribbled in black ink. My schedules aren't written, my iCal is empty.

It's ok though. My disorganization is somewhat organized. I do, in fact, get stuff done. (Sometimes.)
That's when I make the to-do list.

I will readily admit that I have many a to-do list that has nothing crossed off. (I prefer crossing off over checking off.) I am also one of those people that will accomplish a task, look to my to-do list to cross it off, see it's not there, write it down, and cross it off. It makes doing things worthwhile.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

You can see that I have things crossed off this list. Very exciting. That's mostly (...ok, completely) because I have things written on there like "order boots" and "update blog" amongst all of the academic things I should have done first.

But, that's where my special brand of to-do list is key.
There's no priority on this type of to-do list. No discrimination. Every task is created equally and that's why it's on there.

This relates to my outfit in the really round-about way that updating my blog made the list.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

My lighting and angles are getting progressively worse. Wahhh.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

I think it's probably the worst in my dorm.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Shirt: Free People
Necklace: Anthropologie
Jeans (Black Matchstick. See, they're different this time. yayyy): J.Crew
Boots: Steve Madden.

I can never remember if I use a colon or a hyphen.
Major. Conundrum.

Well, another task accomplished.
Next, I will watch Modern Family.

And, kids...that is the beauty of a non discriminatory to-do list.

1 comment:

  1. this is my fav outfit so far. i like those boots with the toothpick pants.

    i wish i lived with you. that would be fun. if we were roomates in college together. perhaps i will get a new degree?

    -sissy kelly

    ReplyDelete