Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'm turning into my Grandma, and I need new jeans.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

It is fifteen degrees. I don't know if you know this, but that's lower than half of freezing. Lower than half. The high tomorrow is 11. That's almost single digits. In fact, the low is 6. That IS a single digit. 


Now I feel like my grandma, who always calls me and gives me the weather report. She literally wrote me a card telling me that it was hot in Texas, and cold in New York. What a cute lady. Clearly, I'm following in her footsteps. If I start reading signs out loud, let me know. If I get a short red perm, admit me into an insane asylum. 


Despite the low temperatures in this fabulous area, I have completely exiled my icky puffy coat. I've decided that I can't handle walking around in a marshmallow suit. You'd agree if you saw it. I promise. I've decided I can brave the low temps as long as I layer under my peacoat, which is not very warm, you see. However, as long as I'm wearing 2-6 layers along with a big scarf, mittens, and a hat, I'm a.o.k. 



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My lovely friend from high school gave me the dryer sheet tip to use on my static-y hair. It totally worked. I'm a little bit skeptical, however, since it may have been a combo of the dryer sheet and the length of time I've gone without showering. But I'll go with it because I wore my hair down for most of the day, and picking at my split ends made my Econ class fly by.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I was really ecstatic because I have THREE followers! It's not that exciting...it's only three. And one of them is my dad. But...my dad is way cool so I'm still just as excited.

Maybe you've noticed that I branched out and took pictures in a place other than my dorm!
I forgot/was really lazy and finally decided to do it once I had nothing to do but homework. I'm in the 'skybox'--a fancy term created for the room above the student center with a big window so you can see the....sky, yes, good job everyone. I got some weird looks...but, it was definitely worth it. I have to give my three followers what they want. You're welcome guys. (and dad)

I didn't feel as silly taking pictures of myself because I'm with my bffffffff Chris. He should write his own fashion blog. Look at that presh, presh tie. Oh, Chris, what a stud.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Apparently I'm wearing a lot of Free People today. And clearly, I need new jeans. Shopping in the lovely city tomorrow! :) My debit card is pleased, it feels so unloved. Don't worry debit card, you'll be swiped soon.

Hat, Coat, Shirt: Free People
Sweater: J.Crew (oh, gosh. I wore that yesterday too. Thank god I'm shopping tomorrow. Also, this sweater is my mom's. I picked it out for my dad to give her for Christmas last year. Really, I just wanted to borrow it. And now I have it and I'm in a different state. Muahahaha. So sneaky)
Jeans: J.Crew. (OKAY, OKAY. I'll wear different jeans. And wash these. gross.)
Boots: DSW
Socks: Target (Tar-jaaaay)
Scarf: Old, old gift from the best family ever. [Nordstrom] 

I just realized that the only thing that changed about my outfit is my shirt. Is that gross? Or is that where I use the "yeah, but I'm in college" excuse? I'll go for the latter.

Sigh. Now, I need to do my homework. For real this time. Not watch Friends. HOMEWORK, KELSEY. HOMEWORK. I need to do a "Straight-A Kelsey" blog where I take pictures of all my homework. Maybe that would give me motivation to do this math worksheet.

Oh boy. Have a great night, folks.
Think of me in stomping (and slipping) around in the 11 degree weather tomorrow.
Hope I survive.

2 comments:

  1. I believe that "old, old scarf" is from Nordstrom and we gave it to you for Christmas a few years ago! There, now you can complete your store list :)

    ReplyDelete